Now available for purchase at Cucinare Libri
From Vine to Table: Everything Tomatoes, The Fruit of Love features more than 80 recipes. This book takes aspiring and experienced cooks through a variety of tomato recipes from appetizers to drinks and beyond!
Christina Cavallaro Edick embraces readers with her down to earth approach, incorporating tomatoes into each of her recipes (using fresh ingredients when possible and substituting canned or jarred resources when necessary/appropriate). She complements her recipes with her own experiences with food, including growing up in an Italian American family and writing a food and travel blog. From Vine to Table: Everything Tomatoes, The Fruit of Love showcases the culinary value of tomatoes, while introducing new and creative tomato recipe choices and cooking methods.
This cookbook makes cooking fresh, homemade meals not only inviting, but doable. It addresses the concerns of contemporary cooks with regards to time, and health, and appeals to modern tastes using up-to-date, clearly written recipes and cooking techniques. From Vine to Table: Everything Tomatoes, The Fruit of Love contains recipes for everyday meals, and special occasions.
There is something for everybody in this cookbook:
- For seasoned cooks, this book is a treasure of over 80 traditional and contemporary recipes that you will love.
- For kitchen-novices, this book offers new ways to cook with tomatoes. While learning how versatile this fruit is, you’ll have the option to try new recipes you may have never considered, like Tomato Cups, Tomato Watermelon Salad, Tomato Barley Pilaf, Scalloped Tomatoes, Tomato Pie, and Poached Eggs in Tomato Sauce.
- For the generation of Italian Americans who want to learn favorite Italian based recipes, this book offers the basics every Italian must know such as Top-Secret Pasta Sauce, Tomato Ricotta Toast, Roasted Tomato Basil Soup, Fig & Tomato Salad, Eggplant Bake, Caprese Meatballs, and the ever-popular Tomato Risotto.
- For traditional cooks, this book offers fresh twists on old favorites such as Fresh Tomato Soup, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffed Tomatoes, and homemade Ketchup.
- For those who feel like they cook the same thing all the time, this book offers new ideas, and recipes using tomatoes that the entire family will enjoy.
PURCHASE paperback and ebook at Cucinare Libri